Sign in to follow this  
Justindano

Game programming vs Girls

I know this sounds a bit awkward, But it's true for me that i always get distracted. Well i'm 18 and its common that i am in love with a girl, I am too crazy about her that i can't even program properly, It's too complicated when girls are in something. The problem is i haven't got to talk with her, I keep thinking about her and it's like whenever i try to program or think about ideas of making a game, She pops up like a angel into my mind and i completely stop all the work and go to my Dream land. It's too absurd, i have tried everything not too but yeah it always happens.
Right now i just cant think of anything and i am still doubtful that im posting this now.
Is this happened to any of you guys? If so what you did to keep her out of mind when programming.
I know this is funny, But i would bet it would have happened to someone who is a "Teen".

[quote name='dpadam450' timestamp='1319957526' post='4878489']
Well I guess you could make a 3D model of her? Share both worlds.
[/quote]

Wish i was a great artist, You know.

[quote name='rouncer' timestamp='1319964062' post='4878513']
what makes more sense, the computer or your girlfriend?
[/quote]

Unfortunately i can't figure that out, or i wouldn't be posting here. :-(

[quote name='JustinDaniel' timestamp='1319957286' post='4878488']
I know this sounds a bit awkward, But it's true for me that i always get distracted. Well i'm 18 and its common that i am in love with a girl, I am too crazy about her that i can't even program properly, It's too complicated when girls are in something. The problem is i haven't got to talk with her, I keep thinking about her and it's like whenever i try to program or think about ideas of making a game, She pops up like a angel into my mind and i completely stop all the work and go to my Dream land. It's too absurd, i have tried everything not too but yeah it always happens.
Right now i just cant think of anything and i am still doubtful that im posting this now.
Is this happened to any of you guys? If so what you did to keep her out of mind when programming.
I know this is funny, But i would bet it would have happened to someone who is a "Teen".
[/quote]

[size=2]I wasted a good two years in a state like you described. Eventually the girl ended up cheating on me with some fat dude she met on the internet. In the end I've come to realize after it's all said and done my computer will always be there for me but women will not.[/size]

[quote name='rouncer' timestamp='1319964062' post='4878513']
what makes more sense, the computer or your girlfriend?
[/quote]

pretty sure computers, being 100% logical, make more sense than anyone human mind that is not perfectly logical and is also fallible. Computers are also fallible to a sense, but not in the same manner as people are.

[quote]
[size="2"]I wasted a good two years in a state like you described. Eventually the girl ended up cheating on me with some fat dude she met on the internet. In the end I've come to realize after it's all said and done my computer will always be there for me but women will not.[/size]
[/quote]

Aw, That's so sad, I'm sorry, But i'd bet that girl was worth shit. No offense, But dude you gotta have a life not just sit on the computer all day and be a ComputerTard! Just saying. If not that girl there are many girls out there for you. ;) Never lose your hope like you do in programming :D

I don't know if I'm supposed to take this seriously, but seriously...
[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/006/759/both.png?1314231146[/img]

There is about zero things in your way of programming [i]and [/i]having a life.

[quote name='DarklyDreaming' timestamp='1319985143' post='4878575']
I don't know if I'm supposed to take this seriously, but seriously...
[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/006/759/both.png?1314231146[/img]

There is about zero things in your way of programming [i]and [/i]having a life.
[/quote]

Pretty much this in most cases.

Since you are 18 though, spend a few whole days with her. After that you will either thank god that you have some time off to program or you will be broken up. Either way your problem is solved!

[quote] [color="#1C2837"][size="2"]I don't know if I'm supposed to take this seriously, but seriously...[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]There is about zero things in your way of programming [/size][/color][i]and [/i][color="#1C2837"][size="2"][left]having a life. [/left][/size][/color][/quote]

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1333628/OTHER/whynotboth.png[/img]

Hidden
Learn to manage your time properly and you can easily have both!

I have a fairly hectic life, so I don't have time to really drift off while I'm trying to focus on something. I sing in a band, work, go to school, date, and am working on my game demo to my game that will, hopefully, will be a success in the indie gaming world.

Just set aside at least one hour per day to program and get something done. As long as you get done what you need to get done, you can see, talk, and think about her all you want. It's like others have stated... get your priorities in order and everything will fall into place.

Talk to the girl and get it over with. No sense wasting time thinking about a gal that may not be interested, so find out one way or the other. In any case, then you can stop being such a mook. Make time for both, and don't mix the two.

In college, I found the girls I was chasing to be far more distracting than the ones I had. Girls will need their space too, you know. If she's interested, she'll be glad you don't want to spend 24/7 with her (unless she's crazy, then run), and will be glad that you've got a productive persuit in you off time.

If you reach that stage, and still find her to be a distraction, then I repeat: stop being a mook -- the problem is you.

I think Ravyne caught the point. I read a book about the power of the mind. Answer yourself this sentence:

What do you really want?

Distraction and lack of concentration problably is showing you that you may be afraid of something you are doing in your life, maybe you are afraid that you aren't able to program, maybe you are afraid of the future, so your mind is trying to keep you far from a potential problem. You will become a better person when you will be able to control your feelings. I'm saying you that my i'm not able myself to control my feeling and emotions, but the most important part is to think you can, everything will succed if you think like that.

Well, in life there will be a lot of situations like this one, now it's a girl, in the future it will be the son, then buying a house. I wish you good luck with both girls and games :)

Ahhh, young love! If you think this is bad, wait till she tears your heart out. When my first girlfriend broke up with me, it was probably the most counter-productive time of my life! I spent about six months of my life writing emotional blog entries, wearing black and failing at everything constructive I attempted. Yuck!

Just give it some time, your hormones will eventually level out and you'll learn to appreciate time apart too. I have been with my current girlfriend for just over two years - wonderful as she is, I have had to learn to balance things out. Initially, we even had fights about it and she told me to get a puppy. These days I have learnt to appreciate my computer at times. For instance, I never have to be jealous of my computer - it never gets hit on by strange men, despite being a downright sexy beast in its own right!

Although quite frankly, leading a balanced life is always going to be something that requires some deliberate planning and discipline. That goes for all of us. Godspeed! :D

Men are notoriously bad at multitasking, and there is no way to ignore girls while they occupy your thoughts, and still come out sane. Pick your priorities and work them down in order; one after another.

Damn, Thanks guys , I know problem is by my side but i wanted to know what you guys did when you were at this problem. Anyways, I just talked with her, Ironically we're just friends, She doesn't know that i have a crush on her, Well soon i'd be telling that to her. :D ( I hope so )

P.S My hormones are raging.

[quote name='JustinDaniel' timestamp='1320055446' post='4878852']
Damn, Thanks guys , I know problem is by my side but i wanted to know what you guys did when you were at this problem. Anyways, I just talked with her, Ironically we're just friends, She doesn't know that i have a crush on her, Well soon i'd be telling that to her. :D ( I hope so )

P.S My hormones are raging.
[/quote]

Just a tip but why don't you ask her out instead? It's a lot less awkward and it achieves essentially the same goal. Moreover, you can make the date as casual as you like which puts a lot less pressure on both of you than telling her about your feelings before you even went on a first date! And think about it from her perspective, if you confess your "love" out of the blues, what is she supposed to respond?

Anyway, my advice is to try and go out with this girl as soon as possible so that you can gauge if there is any mutual attraction. So, just ask her out! It's really not worth your time obsessing about a girl if it's not meant to be anyway.

I've been there too. My advice is to not spend a huge amount of time mooning over her, regardless of anything else. Time spent daydreaming about her is time not spent talking to her (or doing anything else, in your case). Don't sit on your heels and wait for an imaginary perfect chance to make your move-- a chance will come from your own efforts or else likely not at all.

And as strong as your feelings are, there will absolutely be other girls. If she's into you, great, enjoy the relationship for as long as it lasts. If not, you won't have gained anything from letting her occupy your mind anyhow. But your hormones aren't going to be soothed by daydreams. Not to mention that I think the daydreaming makes the actual interactions more stilted and less fun all on its own.

And keep programming, it's no fun to have a crush totally take over your life, especially if it doesn't pan out. It's crude to say, but spending ten minutes on your own in the bathroom with a box of tissues (and some lit candles for ambience) should buy you an hour or two's worth of focus for other, non-hormonal pursuits.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3ieOR.jpg[/img]

As per above, there is no such thing, so no point in waiting around -- ask.

The quicker the better, otherwise you risk nerves getting the better of you.