• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mark1003

Where from here?

This topic is 2401 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, this is my first post.

So I have done www.cprogramming.com 's basic c++ lessons, and I want to know what I should do from here? My long term aim is to be able to code games and other visual programs, and I know that that isn't all handled by my compiler, code::blocks, but I don't know what I should do first? Thanks for your help

Advertisement
Run through this tutorial.

It should improve your C++ and get you started on the basics of games. The tutorial uses Visual C++ Express ( which is free ), but can be adapted to work with CodeBlocks without issue.

For the record, Code::blocks is just an IDE ( integrated development environment ), not the actual compiler. It is used to create, manage and debug sourcecode, not actually turn it into a game, that is the job of the compiler, which on Windows with CB is generally MingGW. Just about any compiler is capable of creating games, although some create better code than others, your compiler/ide is not going to be a limiting factor for a very long time, if ever.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!