• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
D_Tr

Non-linear DE using laplace transform...

This topic is 2550 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have an assignment and a subproblem of one of the problems is about solving a differential equation using the Laplace transform. The problem is it is nonlinear and so when applying the transform, I end up with both F(s) and the integral of F(s) in the same equation, so I cannot isolate F(s). I have already solved it using another technique (this was the objective of the previous subproblem). My question is: Is this possible at all? Could this be an oversight on their part?

You can see the form of the equation below. Only Y and t are variables.

dY/dt + (a/(b+a*t) + c)*Y = d / (b+a*t)

You can see that in the second term we have Y in the numerator and t in the denominator, making the equation nonlinear... I decomposed the fraction into partial fractions in order to get only t in the denominator and apply the Laplace transform property that L(f(t)/t) = integral from s to infinity F(s)ds, but so I get another integral-differential equation...

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!