[WIP] Accela Tower Defense

Started by
5 comments, last by inlinevoid 12 years, 5 months ago
Hello GameDev.net! I'm new to these boards so for my first post I'd like to introduce you to my current, and most ambitious project:

[size="150"][color="#4080BF"]Accela [color="#4080BF"]Tower Defense
The title is pretty self explanatory of what type of game it is, but for those who don't know what a Tower Defense game is:

[quote="Wikipedia"]The goal of tower defense games is to try to stop enemies from crossing a map by building towers which shoot at them as they pass. Enemies and towers usually have varied abilities, costs, and ability costs. When an enemy is defeated, the player earns money or points, which are used to buy or upgrade towers, or upgrade the number of money or points that are earned, or even upgrade the rate at which they upgrade.[/quote]
The list of features/goals currently planned are most definitely going to go through massive changes so I won't post them here. I will, however, frequently make Youtube videos updating my subscribers on the progress of Accela so you can see for yourself what will be implemented and what can be expected.

My Youtube Channel

Accela TD Update #1
Accela TD Update #2
Accela TD Update #3
Accela TD Update #4
Accela TD Update #5
Accela TD Update #6
Accela TD Update #7
[media]
[/media]

Technical Aspects
Language: C#
API: XNA
Targeted platforms: PC, Xbox

Screenshots
Accela-2011-10-25-07-55-02-06.png
Accela-2011-10-26-13-15-22-13.png
Accela-2011-10-30-18-22-22-23.png
Game Development Youtube Channel
Google+
Facebook
Steam: inlinevoid
Advertisement
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]There hasn't been much work done on Accela in the past 2 days due to trying to get a website up an running. I've completed that and can continue working on the game; incoming updates! ^_^[/font]
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font]
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]The website is here: [/font]http://www.inlinegames.net
Google+
Facebook
This is the type of TD that i like! :P Reminds me of WC3
Nice editor btw.

This is the type of TD that i like! :P Reminds me of WC3

Sweet! That's the kind of feel/look I'm going for. I was always big into WC3 TDs. :)

Nice editor btw.

Thanks!

Google+
Facebook
Do you plan to sell this game, or it is just for fun?
Winter rain games - Interstellar defence troops - Tower defence
http://www.wiraingames.com/

Do you plan to sell this game, or it is just for fun?

I plan on selling it. The actual price hasn't been determined, but I'm ballparking somewhere below $10.
Google+
Facebook

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement