• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
The Fat Controller

Creative Commons licensed sprites

This topic is 2597 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I'm developing a minigame for iOS. The bulk of the graphics I'm using are by various artists - all of the sprites are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution licenses (such as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/).

My question is what the best way of crediting the authors would be. For instance, should I include links to the specific licenses the stuff is under, or would that only be necessary if I were redistributing the spritesheets on their own?

My plan was only to include the names/handles of the artists and a brief description of what they contributed on an "about" page. I'm not sure if that would be sufficient though.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!