Feedback on my music

Started by
0 comments, last by Calum Bowen 12 years, 5 months ago
I really want to get into composing music for media more. Any feedback about my music would be great. Here are two videos. One where I tried to manipulate the images to suit my song. The other one is the opposite. The music tried to fit the video. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

My link

My link
Advertisement

I really want to get into composing music for media more. Any feedback about my music would be great. Here are two videos. One where I tried to manipulate the images to suit my song. The other one is the opposite. The music tried to fit the video. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

My link

My link

Hey Svenpete,

First, I must say your video editing is very good but initially what strikes me is that the drums are quite synthetic sounding - you often have exact repeats with little variation in velocity etc. Try dedicating time to making your drums really realistic.

The second song, i find quite boring. Literally 2 chords one after another. It seems like the video keeps our attention, not the music. It all fits in very well with the videos which is a great skill to have but wish it was a little more interesting.

I enjoyed the first song more but I can't say it really gripped me. You are showing your ability to write for trailers but I would like to see more music suitable for gameplay. :)

This is good stuff though - I would like to see more in different genres!

Calum

Calum Bowen,
Composer & Sound Designer,
www.calumbowen.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement