College Choice Help

Started by
2 comments, last by Telastyn 12 years, 5 months ago
Hello everyone, I am a junior in high school (16 years old) and I have been programming for about 4 years on and off. I am currently learning OpenGL programming (Super Bible) and I am enjoying it. Anyways, I have read Tom Sloper's article on choosing a college (great read by the way) and I have narrowed my choices to 2. I am unsure about which one I should go to, and I was wondering if anyone here has any input about my current choices. My major will be computer science (I enjoy computers and programming). Here they are (in no particular order):

University of Texas--Austin

Carnegie Mellon

(Both of these colleges were scored to be the same (using Tom's method))

I find both of these schools to be great, but I am somehow leaned toward Carnegie because it's private.

Also, I am out of state for UT, so the cost is ROUGHLY (very loosely used) the same.

Thank you,

Brandon
Advertisement
Glad you liked my FAQ 25. So your decision grid was not able to decide this for you? And you flipped a coin but it landed standing on edge? If so, then pick the one you like for no good reason at all. You can't go wrong (if your decision grid showed them equal and the coin stood on edge).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks for the reply, I guess a breeze came in and the coin landed tails, so I guess Carnegie (giving I get accepted next year). Wish me luck :)

I still would like some reviews of those schools though, just for future reference and curiosity.
Yeah, if you're not accepted yet, worry about that first. It's good to have 3-5 schools applied to so you're not left scrambling should your first choice turn you down.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement