• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[SlimDX] Direct3d bug

This topic is 2303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I switched from SlimDX March to SlimDX September and not my 3D visualization that I created looks different. I didn't change anything on my end.

I don't know how to describe the change other than to say that there are black areas that mask part of the image. I don't see any changes in the SlimDX release notes that would explain this.

Are there SlimDX developers reading this that could shed some light? I had my visualization working perfectly in Managed DirectX and switched to SlimDX about 6 months ago and have had weird stuff like this happening ever since even though I am using the same methodology to render my images. Any help is appreciated in resolving this.

Advertisement
Problem solved, although I don't know why it suddenly only became a problem with Sept 2011 SlimDX. The issue had to do with my view transform. Max distance was set to Z=327680 and my furthest point is hardcoded to have (0,0,327680). I changed my view to have a max distance of 327690 and the problem went away.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement