• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Flixel vs Flash CS5 vs Other programs

This topic is 2293 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello fellow gamedevers!

i was wondering which is the BEST and EASIEST and FREINDLIEST program, Flixel or Flash CS5? i am a noob, and i would like to start from the 2,

Keep in mind for Flash CS5 that there can be an intergration with Flash Develop aswell. I need to start making my first game and i need all the information i can about these two programs.

IF you have another program that you believe is easier please mention it. I am making a game to submit to Armorgames so yeah.

THANKS! i can use all ze help i can get!

Advertisement
First, Flixel is a library, not a program. Its purpose is to use sprites in Flash and provide basic game functionality. You will still need to have a Flash environment like FlashDevelop or CS5 and program the game logic in AS3. The 2 are not mutually exclusive. If you want to use sprites, go with Flixel. Else you might end up fighting against the library. You may want to check out Flashpunk if you want vector graphics.

well i was actually looking to make a 2d epic sidescroller with very nice graphics. sort of like "Insanely twisted shadow world" but on a smaller scale. it wont be as complex as it thou, do you think flash punk will do? any advice?

You can do that with flashpunk. If you've never done any development before you might want to try something simpler first though. Think 80s action game. Space Invaders, Breakout, etc.

Jump in there and get a prototype going. That will tell you if you're going in the right direction.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement