• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Does CEGUI work with directx11 ?

This topic is 2299 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know there are some directx11 libs included, but I can't make it work :( I installed the SDK for vs, and it crashes with the first line I write :

guirenderer_ = &CEGUI::Direct3D11Renderer::bootstrapSystem(pd3dDevice_,pImmediateContext_);

An unhandled exception that seems to come from a shader creation function. I wasted hours googling in vain now I'm kinda tired. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be simpler to write my own GUI. Is it really just some composite design pattern with events ? It doesn't sound too complex. Or is it ? Just in need of advice from GUI programmers. Has anyone succeeded implementing CEGUI with directx11 ? Thanks.

Advertisement
Yeah, it definitely does. People use it in production with DX11.

You haven't provided any useful info what so ever, but I guess this could be caused by the DX11Effects.lib. Still, next time please include the exact verbatim error message for god's sake...

http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5245#p25181

You can of course try to write your own lib but IMO it's not worth it, make apps/games not libraries. If you really miss something in CEGUI make a patch, if it's decent we will integrate it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement