• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

no window resize pls

This topic is 2304 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just created the first Version of my own ray tracing (without shading, shadowing) and of course it takes a lot of time with calculating each pixel. To have a display I included thd GLUT library and I figured out that it also takes a lot of time to recalculate everything if I resize the window. Is there a possibility to disable the resize function of a glutWindow?

Advertisement
[font="Consolas, Menlo, Monaco,"][size="4"]dwStyle=(WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX);[/font]
[font="Consolas, Menlo, Monaco,"][/font][font="Consolas, Menlo, Monaco,"]The WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW style contains WS_THICKFRAME which is what makes the window resizable.[/font]

[font="Arial,"]
[/font][font="Arial,"]Hope that helps[/font]

[font="Arial,"] [/font]

[font="Arial,"]EDIT: I just saw that you are using glut... No idea how to handle that one.[/font]

Thanks for your help. I'm not familiar with windows programming or DirectX (but maybe I will, I'm still young ^^). My first ray tracing engine works well, I just need to put the phong-shading algorithm into a method or even better into a class called Shade::phong(...).

I know that this is the wrong topic by now, but I wonder if you can combine ray tracing with radiosity, or is it something totally different?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement