• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[SlimDX] DirectInput GetDeviceState

This topic is 2298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I have a problem with the DirectInput in SlimDX. I only want to get input when the window is the current active window on the desktop. So I used following flags for my keyboard:

res = keyboard.SetCooperativeLevel(form, CooperativeLevel.Foreground | CooperativeLevel.Nonexclusive);
[font="Consolas"][font="Consolas"]res = keyboard.Acquire();

[/font][/font]But then I'm getting an Access denied error when I try to call:
[font="Consolas"][color="#2b91af"][font="Consolas"][color="#2b91af"][font="Consolas"][color="#2b91af"]KeyboardState[/font][/font][/font][font="Consolas"][font="Consolas"] keys = keyboard.GetCurrentState();

[/font][/font][font="Arial"]In one of my DirectX11 / C++ books I read that during the course of a game the input device may be lost. And it has following solution:

[font="Arial"]HRESULT hr =
keyboardDevice->GetDeviceState(sizeof(buffer),(LPVOID)&buffer);
if(FAILED(hr))
{
hr
= keyboardDevice->Acquire();

while(hr == DIERR_INPUTLOST)
{
hr
= mouseDevice->Acquire();
}
}
[/font]

But I can't find a GetDeviceState method in SlimDX. How can I find out if the input device is acquired?
[/font]There is just one method:public Result GetCurrentState( ref KeyboardState data)
But if the input device isn't acquired I can't get [font="Arial"]the[/font] KeyboardState I need..

Thank you!

Advertisement
it works now :)

[font="Consolas"][color="#0000ff"][font="Consolas"][color="#0000ff"][font="Consolas"] [font="Consolas"][color="#0000ff"][font="Consolas"][color="#0000ff"][font="Consolas"][color="#0000ff"]if[/font][/font][/font][font="Consolas"][font="Consolas"] (keyboard.Acquire().IsFailure)[/font][/font]
[font="Consolas"][font="Consolas"] {

keyboard.Acquire();
[/font][/font][font="Consolas"][color="#0000ff"][font="Consolas"][color="#0000ff"][font="Consolas"][color="#0000ff"]return[/font][/font][/font][font="Consolas"][font="Consolas"];[/font][/font]

[font="Consolas"][font="Consolas"]}

[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

Hey,

I initialize the keyboard the same way you do, so:
DirectInput dinput = new DirectInput();

CooperativeLevel cooperativeLevel = CooperativeLevel.Foreground | CooperativeLevel.Nonexclusive | CooperativeLevel.NoWinKey;
try
{
_Keyboard = new Keyboard(dinput);
_Keyboard.SetCooperativeLevel(WndHandle, cooperativeLevel);
}
catch (DirectInputException e)
{
MessageBox.Show(e.Message);
return;
}

_Keyboard.Acquire();

And to poll its state I do:
public KeyboardState Keyboard
{
get
{
if (_Keyboard.Acquire().IsFailure)
return new KeyboardState();

if (_Keyboard.Poll().IsFailure)
return new KeyboardState();

return _Keyboard.GetCurrentState();
}
}

That worked fine for me so far. Hope it helps!

EDIT: Oops, a little to late. ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement