• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EasyCoder

OpenGL How to change frame rate in OpenGL ES on Android

This topic is 2563 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way how to set / change frame rate (fps) in OpenGL ES on Android ???

I am creating a game in Android with implemented OpenGL ES and the frame rate seems to be very slow. Some 3-4 fps ! :lol:

Advertisement

Is there a way how to set / change frame rate (fps) in OpenGL ES on Android ???

I am creating a game in Android with implemented OpenGL ES and the frame rate seems to be very slow. Some 3-4 fps ! :lol:

The only way to set it is by tracking the time for each round of your game loop and slowing or speeding up based on that. Slowing down is obviously easier than speeding up.

There could be many reasons your game is running slow. Do you know where it's slowing down? If you could post some code, that might help us figure it out.

The only way to set it is by tracking the time for each round of your game loop and slowing or speeding up based on that. Slowing down is obviously easier than speeding up.

There could be many reasons your game is running slow. Do you know where it's slowing down? If you could post some code, that might help us figure it out.

I am running Galaxy Tab 10.1 Emulator on Eclipse - could this be the reason why the frame-rate is so low ? :unsure:

My computer specs are pretty kick-arse - Core i7, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX 470 on 64-bit Win 7 - so computer speed is hardly an issue.

Is there any way to speed up frame-rate of emulator ?

The frame-rate on actual Galaxy Tab 10.1 is apparently about 25 fps, don't have it yet - still saving money for it ! :lol:

The emulator is very slow. I've seen my own projects speed up 4-5 times. Especially when using OpenGL.

Not much you can do, the emulator is designed to be thorough, not fast. I would suggest testing on hardware if possible.

The emulator is very slow. I've seen my own projects speed up 4-5 times. Especially when using OpenGL.

Not much you can do, the emulator is designed to be thorough, not fast. I would suggest testing on hardware if possible.

I thought that might be the case - have to try saving for the actual tablet harder ! :lol:

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!