• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

using a dualshock 2 via USB in a C++ program

This topic is 2295 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi everyone, I'm learning C++ and making good progress, but I can't find how to detect my controller input: I have a dualshock 2 plugged to my PC with a USB adapter, and it works well in games and can even be detected as a 360 controller with a dll, but I tried to follow the tutorials and my controller was never detected in C++. if I know the USB port my controller is plugged to, is there a "light" code to get the buttons pressed and thumbstick values in my C++ program? thanks

Advertisement
but I tried to follow the tutorials and my controller was never detected in C++.

What tutorials do you mean? What did you try to read values from the controller?
"C++" on its own have no means to detect and access such devices, how exactly did you make your attempt?

Btw, besides DirectInput you can also use Xinput, which is much (and I mean MUCH) easier to get working, especially if you are a C++ beginner, but works only with Xbox 360 compatible devices (which your controller is, as you said).

Further reading about DirectInput vs Xinput:
http://msdn.microsof...28VS.85%29.aspx

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement