• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PureSnowX

Solid Java 2D Library?

This topic is 2449 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Me and my friend are thinking of stating to make 2D Games using Java.
We have searched the interwebz for some solid librarys. We have found "Slick", based on JWGL.

But we wanted to ask the more experienced users surgestion for a good solid, easy to use 2D Library that is well wiedly used so that it's easy to get support.

Kind regards Moonkis <3

Advertisement

Me and my friend are thinking of stating to make 2D Games using Java.
We have searched the interwebz for some solid librarys. We have found "Slick", based on JWGL.

But we wanted to ask the more experienced users surgestion for a good solid, easy to use 2D Library that is well wiedly used so that it's easy to get support.

Kind regards Moonkis <3

for what do you want to use an extern lib? awt/swt is just doing its job fine. you can make a window, show images, animated them, rotate them, etc.
for a simple java game without shadows etc. you dont need any extern lib. if u really want to use lights, shadows and other highlevel effects jogl(open gl for java) will do just fine.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!