• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Basics in Reaktor learnt, what's next?

This topic is 2298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, been lurking around for a while and recently got a question I need a little help with :)

So, past few weeks I was learning Reaktor and now I feel fairly comfortable with it on pretty basic level. I am not a musician, but sound designer.
I made my own little happy grainCloud syntesizer with XY controller and stuff, because I didn't like overcomplicated factory ones (they also are harder to tweak since their structure goes beyond my abilities to understand).
Anyways, I ended up with very few things I use in Reaktor for sound design: grainCloud, filters, reverb and stereo panorama (because I feel here I have more control over the onces I have in Cubase (yes, I use Cubase for layering and some audio manipulation)).
I wanted to ask you guys for some ideas about what else can I do with Reaktor for sound design? My progression/learning kinda stuck because of lack of clear goal :/

I also was thinking about starting max/msp, but again I am not sure about what will I build with it besides granular synthesizer (if so it will not worth the effort obviously).

Thanks!

Advertisement
If you don't have a project in need of music, the obvious avenue for "sound design" is making novel and specialized synthesizers (and maybe effects), both for you as a learning exercise and for others to use.
For example, you could use frequency modulation to produce nicely inharmonic bell sounds, put some exotic oscillators, filters and modulation sources in a traditional VA structure, explore simple but nonlinear effects, apply granular resynthesis to a specific use, and so on.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement