• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
InterFiction

QT questions

This topic is 2595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I downloaded the qt sdk from their site. I know this is going to be way over my head, but I'm in a tinkering mood, lol. I tried installing it. The first time partway through I got a installer stopped working sort of message...tired again...after several hours I come back to another installer stopped working message... Is there another way to get this without having to use their downloader? like one massive downloadable file, or torrent, or something?

also I'm only downloading this because I heard it was good for making gui, I know I'm not ready for it yet, but still, I just wanna mess around. Is QT like a complete IDE?

Advertisement

I downloaded the qt sdk from their site. I know this is going to be way over my head, but I'm in a tinkering mood, lol. I tried installing it. The first time partway through I got a installer stopped working sort of message...tired again...after several hours I come back to another installer stopped working message... Is there another way to get this without having to use their downloader? like one massive downloadable file, or torrent, or something?

also I'm only downloading this because I heard it was good for making gui, I know I'm not ready for it yet, but still, I just wanna mess around. Is QT like a complete IDE?

QT is an API / Library , QTCreator is an IDE that is included with the QT SDK. (You can use QT with other IDEs aswell if you want but QTCreator includes graphical tools for designing GUIs.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!