[SlimDX] Sept 2011 .NET 4.0 runtime

Started by
9 comments, last by carmangary 12 years, 4 months ago
The download page on SlimDX has said that the Sept 2011 .NET 4.0 runtime would be available in a few days for several weeks now. This forum still has the release of the March version pinned?

What's going on? Is Sept 2011 SlimDX ready to use or not?
Advertisement
The pinned topic was just out of date - it was removed (Along with all the other old topics) yesterday.
I'm also looking for the .NET 4.0 end user runtime. The SlimDX downloads page says "The 4.0 runtime is not available yet, but will be released in a few days". September has passed, October has passed, and it is now November. Where is the .NET 4.0 download? :(
It's entirely my fault, guys. Unfortunate reality of running a company and an open source project at the same time. And to be honest, I didn't realize so many people needed the runtime so badly, since the actual 4.0 binaries are in the SDK and perfectly ready to use. There's just installer changes to make. I'll release the runtime as soon as I can.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
[color=#1C2837][size=2]September has passed, October has passed, November [color=#1C2837][size=2]has passed, [color=#1C2837][size=2]and it is now December. [color=#1C2837][size=2]Where is the .NET 4.0 download?

is there a way to distribute the .NET 4.0 runtime from the SDK without distributing the whole SDK?

[color="#1C2837"]September has passed, October has passed, November [color="#1C2837"]has passed, [color="#1C2837"]and it is now December. [color="#1C2837"]Where is the .NET 4.0 download?

is there a way to distribute the .NET 4.0 runtime from the SDK without distributing the whole SDK?

Hi, this is working for me:
- copy slimdx.dll from SlimdxSDK instalation(c:/Program files/Slimdx/...) to your project folder(c:/Projects/MyAwesomePoject/Libs/Sdlimdx/...).
- in visual studio, set reference to slimdx.dll (c:/Projects/MyAwesomePoject/Libs/Sdlimdx/...).
- in application prerequisities mark slimdx for .net 2.0 ( this will install all things slimdx needs to work)

I'm using this to distribute my application with ClickOnce and it works without problems.
so, without GAC? fair enough as a temporary solution

Out of curiosity, why do you need slimdx in GAC ?

[quote name='SGStino' timestamp='1323109244' post='4890781']

Out of curiosity, why do you need slimdx in GAC ?
[/quote]

In my case I have an application suite that is distributed in part or as a whole so having SlimDX in the GAC is nice.

In my case I have an application suite that is distributed in part or as a whole so having SlimDX in the GAC is nice.

^^ this. I have multiple tiny little tools, all are possible to work together.

I even use slimdx for vectors, matrices, etc .. in the tools that don't even render, just for the ease of serialization

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement