• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Storyyeller

How to use SnakeYAML in Java

This topic is 2591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am not experienced in using external libraries in Java. However, for our project we need to do some parsing and storing of data in a readable text format. Based on online searching, it looks like SnakeYAML is the best option. However, I can't figure out how to even install it.

The installation instructions are to simply "download the latest JAR and put it to the classpath". However, the zip archive provided for download does not contain a Jar file. I tried unzipping the folder and adding it as an external class folder in Eclipse, but that didn't work either. What should I do?

Advertisement
You are right, the zip doesn't contain the jar archive for whatever reason(???). Fortunately you can download the jar from central maven repo: http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/yaml/snakeyaml/1.9/snakeyaml-1.9.jar

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!