• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RickyAJpayne

Integrating Videos into my game.

This topic is 2585 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello forum. This is my first post on this forum and most likely it will be the first of many. Let me do a quick introduction. My name is Rick and I started a company at the start of this year after working as a freelance graphic designer and animator for about 5 years. I want to branch out into doing apps and games because 1) I used to do a bit (a little bit) of programming when I was in high school (Late 90s) and 2) I think my skills would translate well into 2D game development. My expertise is in high quality digital art and animation and looking at games like Angry birds and Plants vs Zombies I see that I am able to create at least a better looking game than those games.

My first question then is how do I show intro videos in Unity 3D? I want to create an animated logo for my company and for it to show after the game launches.

Thank-you.

Advertisement
If i remember correctly, you can just make another scene and then set it to load it as the first scene.
Then after you showed the intro(which is in scene1) you can load your next scene(scene2) etc.

For example :
Scene1(intro)->Scene2(menu)->Scene3(game)->Scene4(game over)

A quick google search about video loading in unity brings up this link :
http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/ScriptReference/WWW-movie.html

Not exactly what you looking for, but it is helpful.

If i remember correctly, you can just make another scene and then set it to load it as the first scene.
Then after you showed the intro(which is in scene1) you can load your next scene(scene2) etc.

For example :
Scene1(intro)->Scene2(menu)->Scene3(game)->Scene4(game over)

A quick google search about video loading in unity brings up this link :
http://unity3d.com/s.../WWW-movie.html

Not exactly what you looking for, but it is helpful.

Thanks. I am still having a tinker around at the moment but you have steered me in the right direction.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!