• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kirenemook12

Collision response

This topic is 2583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello everyone,

I am trying to make a good collision response, but i have some problems.
A lot works, thanks to the site http://www.euclidean...hreed/index.htm, but now am i stuck, because the movement is in the wrong direction.

that site uses a vector 'n', which is supposed to be the direction vector of the impulse (i think), but how do I calculate that vector 'n' ?

Advertisement
that seems to work when the objects hit in the center, but when they hit farther away from the center, they get extremely high speeds.
i have calculated 'n' as n= PositionA - PositionB
and the vectors 'ra' and 'rb' by subtracting the position of the object from the coordinates of the collision point, i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

when i was checking the thing out again, i saw that the rotation speed wasn't initialized, that caused the extreme speeds. thanks for the solution for calculating the 'n'.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!