• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

StarChild - a Demo

This topic is 2316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

This looks wonderful. It's very well polished. Is there a playable demo available?

Thank you major Tom! sadly the game is not yet in a distributable state. Its also made for a fairly strong graphics card so I couldn't port to a browser or a phone. This is in all sense of the word my first game, made primarily for educational purposes, so I know (or begin to know) what a game engine is or does.

It looks like you're holding a camera to the screen or something in the video or that something went awfully wrong with the compression; murky colours and banding wherever you look! Only reason I mention it is that the game looks gorgeous -- it deserves a better presentation than this! :)

Of course, Youtube doesn't have the best compressor in this case but you should be able to squeeze out something prettier than this when downsizing from HD - also, a 720p version is practically a mustbiggrin.gif

Thank you Darkly!

You're absolutely right i'm afraid. I did film this footage. I've been trying to find a good,cheap, and accessible solution to capture my demo in HD for a while. I think I may be close though now. I've tried screen capture software ofcourse(that gave me something like 5 fps). I got impatient and filmed it to share.

Thank you Darkly!

You're absolutely right i'm afraid. I did film this footage. I've been trying to find a good,cheap, and accessible solution to capture my demo in HD for a while. I think I may be close though now. I've tried screen capture software ofcourse(that gave me something like 5 fps). I got impatient and filmed it to share.

I see! No problems then, I just think that the video is a poor visual presentation of a quite nice looking game - maybe if you can find someone else who can screen capture the footage for you with stronger hardware? Either way, the game looks gorgeous and I'd love to give it a shot whenever you release - keep us posted! :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement