• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
majdakar

StarChild - a Demo

This topic is 2492 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

This looks wonderful. It's very well polished. Is there a playable demo available?

Thank you major Tom! sadly the game is not yet in a distributable state. Its also made for a fairly strong graphics card so I couldn't port to a browser or a phone. This is in all sense of the word my first game, made primarily for educational purposes, so I know (or begin to know) what a game engine is or does.

It looks like you're holding a camera to the screen or something in the video or that something went awfully wrong with the compression; murky colours and banding wherever you look! Only reason I mention it is that the game looks gorgeous -- it deserves a better presentation than this! :)

Of course, Youtube doesn't have the best compressor in this case but you should be able to squeeze out something prettier than this when downsizing from HD - also, a 720p version is practically a mustbiggrin.gif

Thank you Darkly!

You're absolutely right i'm afraid. I did film this footage. I've been trying to find a good,cheap, and accessible solution to capture my demo in HD for a while. I think I may be close though now. I've tried screen capture software ofcourse(that gave me something like 5 fps). I got impatient and filmed it to share.

Thank you Darkly!

You're absolutely right i'm afraid. I did film this footage. I've been trying to find a good,cheap, and accessible solution to capture my demo in HD for a while. I think I may be close though now. I've tried screen capture software ofcourse(that gave me something like 5 fps). I got impatient and filmed it to share.

I see! No problems then, I just think that the video is a poor visual presentation of a quite nice looking game - maybe if you can find someone else who can screen capture the footage for you with stronger hardware? Either way, the game looks gorgeous and I'd love to give it a shot whenever you release - keep us posted! :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!