Check out my new DirectX Game!

Started by
4 comments, last by ole_92 12 years, 5 months ago
Hey everyone,
Have a look at my game assignment! It's written in C++ and DirectX, using Visual Studio Express C++.
It has soundtracks, but they weigh like 80MB (wave files), so just the main sounds are in the zip.

Feel free to provide any feedback! I probably won't modify this, but I'll use the good advice for my future games!
Thank you!

P.S.
You need the directX SDK installed and directories properly set up.
Advertisement
Hey I downloaded your game and compiled it using Visual Studio 2010 pro but it won't register my key presses, so I can't get past the first screen.
The key to immortality is to live a life worth remembering.
Never mind, it's working now. Don't know why it was behaving the way it was before. Pretty nice, keep up the good work!!!!
The key to immortality is to live a life worth remembering.
I also had the same problem, can't find the solution...
Basically it doesn't listen to key presses if during compilation you click on a different window.
Anyway, thanks for your comment!
Looks good.
About the input - it worked for me. But I noticed you're using DirectInput which is not recommended by Microsoft itself for keyboard and mouse input, as you can see for example here http://msdn.microsof...v=vs.85%29.aspx

A side note - I found the controls quite confusing, using A D to move and arrows to aim. I ended just moving left and right and shooting, without changing the angle at all.
It would maybe work better with keyboard+mouse (A and D keys to move, mouse to aim and shoot).

Looks good.
About the input - it worked for me. But I noticed you're using DirectInput which is not recommended by Microsoft itself for keyboard and mouse input, as you can see for example here http://msdn.microsof...v=vs.85%29.aspx

Yeah, I think it was a requirement to use DirectInput for the assignment. I'm not an expert, so I won't get into a discussion as to which method is better.

A side note - I found the controls quite confusing, using A D to move and arrows to aim. I ended just moving left and right and shooting, without changing the angle at all.
It would maybe work better with keyboard+mouse (A and D keys to move, mouse to aim and shoot).

Good advice! I have tested/played it like a million times, so I got used to the controls. I should have asked other people to test it, though.

Thanks for the comment

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement