• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lucky6969b

How to switch animation in D3D?

This topic is 2588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

m_pAnimCtrl->SetTrackDesc(...);

Do I use this function to switch animation in Direct3D?
What I'd like to do is to have an animation played back when a NPC gets close to another object within a certain threshold. It would be replayed again when it gets close to yet another similar object, and this cycle runs over and over again until the program stops.
This animation is stored with D3DXCreateKeyFramedAnimationSet, I am hoping that I can reuse that as well.
Any suggestions? just briefly is okay
Thanks
Jack

Advertisement
Just a guts feeling, do I have to restart the animation controller?(Resetting time to zero each time I introduce a new animation sequence)? Thanks Jack

I wonder what method should I take in the following scenario? A racking system has 4 different height levels, the forklift has to reach each of them at different times. What I am currently doing is storing a generated animation set in the controller, and "fire" an animation start event when they are close enough.... What are your suggestions? Thanks Jack

m_pAnimCtrl->SetTrackDesc(...);

Do I use this function to switch animation in Direct3D?
What I'd like to do is to have an animation played back when a NPC gets close to another object within a certain threshold. It would be replayed again when it gets close to yet another similar object, and this cycle runs over and over again until the program stops.
This animation is stored with D3DXCreateKeyFramedAnimationSet, I am hoping that I can reuse that as well.
Any suggestions? just briefly is okay
Thanks
Jack

Use SetTrackAnimationSet.

If you're interested, google "Skinned Mesh Character Animation with Direct3D 9.0c". It's an article by Frank Luna that explains animation well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!