• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Komatsu

no updated information

This topic is 2583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This part of the site seems to be abandoned. It has been discussed until the horse is dead why creating a isometric project is better in 3d then 2d. however when I come here there is absolutely no information whatsoever on creating a isometric map in 3d. Im sure im not the first or only one that has wanted to do this. Maybe this is trivial ? Since I am new to opengl it seems difficult on where to get started. Even if it was trivial, there is hardly any discussion at all on working in an isometric view but using 3d despite it being a better way to do it. It seems a shame that this part of the site to be so outdated despite better ways of doing things.

Advertisement
Isometric Land has suffered a bit of a traffic drop in recent years, and as part of the upcoming forum changes, it is going to be merged back into the General Programming forum, to get a little more visibility for topics.

But if you have specific questions about isometric rendering in 3D, I know there are still at least a few isometric enthusiasts hanging around the forums... Ask away.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!