Indie Game Engine

Started by
1 comment, last by Revofire 12 years, 5 months ago
First of all, Hello World! To keep short, I'm Chris.
I've found myself with an idea of an indie game project just beginning.As part of the process of consideration I've found a set of questions that need to be solved just so no pointless effords are made in advance.Namely:
For a game engine that supports level based game with simple 3d graphics , animated environment elements and character, simple script based system for internal level design,simple particle implementation, non-demanding online multiplayer co-operation mechanics:
1.Approximately , what good amount of programmers (or other discipline developers) is it required to begin the engine development.
2.What time of work in cooperation with this team is it required to develop the engine.
3.If You feel comfortable: Recommendations from developers that have already experienced the process - What and Why.
Advertisement

I've found myself with an idea of an indie game project just beginning.As part of the process of consideration I've found a set of questions that need to be solved just so no pointless effords are made in advance.Namely:
For a game engine that supports level based game with simple 3d graphics , animated environment elements and character, simple script based system for internal level design,simple particle implementation, non-demanding online multiplayer co-operation mechanics:
1.Approximately , what good amount of programmers (or other discipline developers) is it required to begin the engine development.
2.What time of work in cooperation with this team is it required to develop the engine.
3.If You feel comfortable: Recommendations from developers that have already experienced the process - What and Why.

1) 1
2) Impossible to say, it depend on the team and the game.
3) Don't worry about the engine, just make the game, the "engine" will evolve naturally as you go.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

[quote name='Chris Strongwill' timestamp='1321392023' post='4884312']

1) 1
2) Impossible to say, it depend on the team and the game.
3) Don't worry about the engine, just make the game, the "engine" will evolve naturally as you go.
[/quote]

I must agree with number 3.

Also, use Unity Engine, if you are a really good developer, try Unreal Engine! If you are using Java, I recommend JMonkeyEngine! :) Have a nice day!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement