• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
HarriPellikka

Cynical Journey to Game Development (as a hobby): Entry 3

This topic is 2578 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Entry 3 is up, go check it out!

----------------
Greetings,

if anyone is interested, I have an announce to make: I'm starting to make a journal about my frustrating adventure in game development world. The entries will be mostly cynical, try-to-be-funny and worthless trains of thought, but there might be some (read: once a year) posts including proofs of concepts, screenshots, snippets and general "good stuff" you might be interested in. The journal can be found from the "Developer Journals" portion of GameDev.net or directly from http://hobbyistdeveloper.blogspot.com/ . Expect at least three or four posts per week, depending of the interest and feedback I get.

About me? I'm an under-graduate student, majoring in information processing science. I've worked in a game development company for a while and made some gaming-related stuff on my spare time as well. Now I'm trying to do a real game - alone. I've got decent programming skills, but that won't probably help me when I have to make all the graphics and animations as well! I'll be writing about programming, (indie) game development, graphics content generation and other content stuff as well. You can expect stuff about network programming, Blender tips and tricks, music and sound effects generation etc. etc., just about everything that can be related to this kind of projects.

Oh, and one last thing: all my stuff will be done using free and / or open-source software, just to show that you don't have to pay your ass off to make games!

Advertisement
Hello hello hello!

Third entry in my GD blog is up. This time I'm writing about how to get all the single frames of an animated sprite into a game (in XNA 4.0). This is a follow-up to my earlier entry, where I described the pipeline of my game's graphic content.

Feel free to comment and criticize. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!