closed

Started by
10 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 5 months ago
closed
Advertisement
What?

No offense, but you basically just did the equivalent of going into an art forum ( even one for beginners ), handing out a pen without ink and saying "now draw a portrait and I will grade your work".

I have no issue with the concept of a common peer reviewed task, its something 3d forums do all the time and you can learn a great deal about doing,but this isn't the way to do it.

Lastly, as even a starting point, your character class is... flawed, from a design perspective.
Wait... What? Your "lesson" and "free code" is 16 lines of poorly written code (including white space) and where you hardly explain anything in detail and then tell the person to make an RPG? You do realize that anyone who "learns" anything new from what you posted won't know where to start at all, right?

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to discourage you from this learning process (teaching is a great learning process) but your lessons will have to much higher quality in order for anyone to learn anything.

The goal of the lesson (create and manage your player) is never discussed. Instead, users are given a very poor outline of a single class and told to make a simple game. I'd say reevaluate your post and maybe you and others can learn something beneficial.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Yeah its badly designed and bad, I was just bored and wasn't really paying attention. I'm going to revamp it now.

Yeah its badly designed and bad, I was just bored and wasn't really paying attention. I'm going to revamp it now.

First rule when teaching beginners: take the time to get it right.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

[quote name='VIsInGames' timestamp='1321498579' post='4884831']

First rule when teaching beginners: take the time to get it right.
[/quote]
I thought it was don't talk about fight club?

Wait... What? Your "lesson" and "free code" is 16 lines of poorly written code (including white space) and where you hardly explain anything in detail and then tell the person to make an RPG? You do realize that anyone who "learns" anything new from what you posted won't know where to start at all, right?

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to discourage you from this learning process (teaching is a great learning process) but your lessons will have to much higher quality in order for anyone to learn anything.

The goal of the lesson (create and manage your player) is never discussed. Instead, users are given a very poor outline of a single class and told to make a simple game. I'd say reevaluate your post and maybe you and others can learn something beneficial.

I finished the revamp, it's prett good now.

[quote name='Cornstalks' timestamp='1321498230' post='4884828']

I finished the revamp, it's prett good now.
[/quote]
No it's not.
O.K. I'm still learning coding ( I know it I just am still learning how to write it the best way and such). So, please tell me what I did wrong and how I should fix it
aww guise yoo crushed him

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement