• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MilesRobson

[Wanted] Tutor/"Partner in Crime" in beginner programming

This topic is 2579 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Howdy, I'm Miles Robson. -waves-
Currently a member of Nice Guy Games ( http://niceguygames.net/ ), and a ranter over on my blog ( http://confirm4crit.wordpress.com/ )
I am attending a Community College with the hopes of achieving a BS in Computer Science. I have a strong passion for gaming, math, physics, and all around dorkiness.

Most of my Intro Programming classes don't start until next year, so I want to take the next 365 days and learn as much as I can on anything or everything.

So why am I here? The internet is full of A LOT of tutorials, guides, etc. My library has a lot of books, and the list goes on and on. I could spend the next year fiddling around by myself, and learning what I can, coming to forums or searching around when I'm stuck or want a challenge.

But two heads are better than one....

I'd love either A) Another "n00b" to join up with me, so we can dive into this wave of seeming endless knowledge together, and hopefully come out together with all our parts intact....
or B) A lot of people think that teaching helps themselves enforce their knowledge. I don't know how many people would want to adopt a newbie, but if their are some takers, I'd gladly listen.

The language doesn't matter to me (Logically, C# for XNA makes sense, but I personally have liked what I see with C++), time of day, amount of input, or availability.

I just don't want to waste the next year.

I've spent a large amount of time here ( http://www.freewebs.com/campelmxna/tutorials.htm ) and reading Head First C#, and C++ in 24 hours, but not that far into both.
If anyone is interested, feel free to respond or throw me an E-Mail at confirm4crit@gmail.com

Advertisement
Hello Miles,

I recommend XNA too:
There's plenty of tutorials and sample code, It's easy to get started. Also, it's incredibly fun to see your game on a smart phone (or Xbox).

I would like to help if I can. Don't be shy about asking basic programming questions here,
and feel free to add me (Murmix) on Skype if you want to ask or discuss something. (I don't use a mic, chat only.)

Cheers,
Daniel

Might be fun. Fellow noob here, hit me up any time if you want! I'm taking learning programming on as a full time job right now and any extra incentive like forming a study group would help add to the motivation. I must admit though I'm locked into learning C# for reasons outside of my control!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!