Alternitive to C++ For Begginers

Started by
4 comments, last by C++ Freak 24 years, 3 months ago
An alternitive to C++ is java-script. java-script is very much like C++. You have variables,functions,arrays, and loops almost the same as in C++. I learned java-script and when I started to learn C++ it was a breeze. And for you people who don't like downloading huge files all you need to use java-script is Netscape 3.0(or higher) or InternetExplorer 3.0(or higher) and Notepad. java-script is more like Dos programming but its still a good programming language to learn. And whats really cool is that it works with html. java-script is very easy to learn also. C++ still is better x100, but its a good first or second programming language. Unforetunately this message board does not support it. Learn java-script @ www.hotwired.com/webmonkey Edited by - C++ Freak on 1/8/00 6:31:01 PM Edited by - C++ Freak on 1/8/00 6:31:54 PM
Visit http://members.xoom.com/ivanickgames
Advertisement
::shudder::
jscript is not a complete programming language
it is designed to make webpages do things
useful, but only for web design
stick with a systems programming language

btw, you can call c++ code via dhtml, and com controls written in c++ via html code
-PoesRaven
if it''s so similar to C++ then why not learn c++
You have to make the difference between a "Scripting language" and a "Programming language". If you want to make games, you really should consider learning C++ (Type of games possible: Limitless), unless you want to do small interactive games incorporated into web pages (Really limited). But I have to admit that learning HTML and java-script before learning other programming languages really helps, especially for object-oriented programming. I also recommend Java.

Note: I don't why, each time I write "java-script" it puts dash between java and script.

Edited by - WolvyLP on 1/9/00 12:53:34 AM
I would suggest you start learning Java instead of java-script if you just cannot tackle C++ first. Although I like java-script, I would hardly call it a programming language, a scripting language is more like it =)Java is the "in-between" =)

Best regards,
Sherman
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
You can start with C and be just fine. I started programming when I was 8 years old on a dumb terminal (it was actually an X Terminal) connected to a Sun Sparc via a 14400 baud modem. My goal was not to re-write Doom. I did not have those ridiculous ambitions, and I think that most people think that they can start doing 3D rendering as soon as they learn C/C++. It''s because people have these dumb ambitions of writing some killer game is why most people don''t like learning things like printf, scanf, and stuff. Even if they do learn it then they don''t practice it, and pick up a Graphics programming book the next day. I started by writing a Farenhiet to Celsius and vice-versa. Why did I write such a lame program? I really have no idea. It was just something to do. Now I''m 14 years old and I''m programming DirectX, Win32, Berkely Sockets (UNIX networking), etc.

-Jey Kottalam
14 Year Old Computer Programmer
http://www.armageddongames.com
-Jey Kottalam14 Year Old Computer Programmerhttp://www.armageddongames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement