The Structure of a Video Game

Started by
9 comments, last by PoorManMe 12 years, 4 months ago
Thanks everyone for your well thought out replies. There aren't many forums out there that have people who would put so much effort into helping someone and I appreciate that. I've decided to take a step back and learn a new programming language. I've been learning C++ off and on for the past 5 or 6 years and I'm just tired of it, I never really liked programming in C++ and I never felt like I had a firm grasp of it, but I felt like it's what I should be learning for games programming. I learned that that wasn't really true quite a while ago, but I had already devoted so much time and effort into learning the language I didn't want to abandon it. Anyway, I have been playing with Python and I'm looking at giving Go a try, not really sure why but I am. I might try a few other languages until I find something that fits my tastes. I don't really know if learning a new language will bring me closer to becoming a better game programmer, but I don't really care at this point. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement