Why not Java?

Started by
11 comments, last by NightCreature83 12 years, 4 months ago

The only way to sample a new language or a new tech potential is to try it first hand. I started playing with C# while sitting in airports waiting for flights.. now I use it whenever I can.
There isn't one single thing that makes C# awesome.. there are thousands of them, ranging from tools quality (ie. Visual Studio), .NET interopability , library, language features and the fact that is a very "evolving" language.

The problem is when idealism and fixations that resembles religions more than technology start to cloud people's mind.. and the OP is a spot on example of this kind of damage done by close mindedness.

So being close minded is having an opinion? I don't know much about c#, but I don't have any problem with Java right now. The Nintendo 64 might be years behind an Xbox 360, but some people like the 64 better. I learned Java because I wanted to make mods for Minecraft. I really like the language, and feel comfortable with it. No religion-like idealism here.
Advertisement

XNA is pretty cool, but I will not use it. I am a big supporter of cross platform. I like lwjgl and slick for Java. Can someone point me to some nice c# game libraries?

http://www.opentk.com/
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

XNA is pretty cool, but I will not use it. I am a big supporter of cross platform. I like lwjgl and slick for Java. Can someone point me to some nice c# game libraries?

There is always slimdx although again that is more MS oreinted then anything else for rendering. I havent really seen any ports of the OpenGL language into C#, i think this is due to XNA mostly and how it sets up most of what you want to have for a game.

Slimdx however supports SIMD instructions for C# which XNA or normal C# doesn't.

Worked on titles: CMR:DiRT2, DiRT 3, DiRT: Showdown, GRID 2, theHunter, theHunter: Primal, Mad Max, Watch Dogs: Legion

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement