Cooperative Pathfinding issues

Started by
-1 comments, last by lucky6969b 12 years, 4 months ago
Hi,
I have a question. When 2 cooperatively-pathfinding objects are reserving places in the reservation table.
When do I go about clearing it? since certainly it can't be extended infinitely. somehow it needs to be purged.
Those 2 objects might not arrive at the destination at the same time.What would I do?
And also, I'd like to learn how to resolve dead lock problems in cooperative pathfinding
I find it really hard to deal with this problem, if otherwise, i'll have the objects passing thru each other.
I was using flow fields beforehand, but the problem was the 2 counteracting objects would probably end up behind walls.... and then the pathfinder would die gracefully. also I am looking into some tie breaking algorithm...
I raise an example of one of my challenges.
If an object runs to a dead end, another object follows it also requests the same resource at that location. But
The exit is already blocked so the first object never gets out of it. And the next one never enters. What happens when the lock is nested several levels deep? Don't know how to handle this....
Thanks in advance
Jack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement