Searching for an Engine/Framework/etc for both Android/iOS.

Started by
3 comments, last by test86 12 years, 4 months ago
Hi,

I'm a programmer who is very familiar with C/C++/C#/AS3 and created several games from coding for a AAA game to indie games for my own. What I want to do in next few months is go on mobile devices, from iPhones to Android tablets and I was searching for some mean of either complete package engine such as Unity or Game Frameoworks that can help me code that I can generate code/app that works on both iOS and Android devices.

My preference:
- Since I don't have a mac, I would prefer it would need no or minimal use of Macs (like borrow someone's mac to compile the latest project or something).
- Prefer it to be free, specially Android/iOS modules.
- Since I love 2D games, I'll probably create them on those devices, so it's better to support 2D at best.
- Not to be very simplistic so I can use my programming skills on it's coding or scripting that offers.

If you know a package/framework that meets some of my preferences but not all, I would also love to hear your inputs, maybe I can get a better result for focusing on one category with something that I don't know exists .

All I could find out was Unity that seems to support most of my needs but it is basically 3D and apparently supports 2D with some kind of plug-in or so but I'm thinking maybe there are better choices out there that I'm not aware of.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
I know only Unity and ShiVa. The latter one is cheaper solution, however they both require Mac to export game for iOS. You could simply test it on PC and then export when it needs some more in-depth testing.
The problem is that the iOS build tools are only available for Mac. This is why it is absolutely necessary to build iOS apps/games on Macs.
Co-founder/Lead Programmer
Bonafide Software, L.L.C.
Fairmont, WV 26554 US
I can make a patcher if you want.

I know AutoIT coding
Thanks guys for the replies,

So you are on Unity on this?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement