• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BlackWind

How much for the IP of an educational course on GameDev

This topic is 2570 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

First of all, apologies for my bad english-writing.
Second, if this is not the right area, feel free to move the topic.

Now,
We are going to make an online training course (6 hours a week, per 10 weeks plus 2 hours for QA each week). Altough the main subject will be Unity game engine, we will be teaching other important subject non related to an specific-software.
The course is going to be for academics of an University. The "class-hour-charge" its no problem (about 25 dollars per hour -- we are in Mexico)
The thing here, is that the university wants to keep the intellectual property of the course and they are willing to pay for it. Now... how much to charge for the IP? How much is an "appropiate" amount? I know that it may vary a lot from country to country, but if have a reference i will be able to adapt it to our current situation.

thanks a lot.

Advertisement

Hi,

First of all, apologies for my bad english-writing.
Second, if this is not the right area, feel free to move the topic.

Now,
We are going to make an online training course (6 hours a week, per 10 weeks plus 2 hours for QA each week). Altough the main subject will be Unity game engine, we will be teaching other important subject non related to an specific-software.
The course is going to be for academics of an University. The "class-hour-charge" its no problem (about 25 dollars per hour -- we are in Mexico)
The thing here, is that the university wants to keep the intellectual property of the course and they are willing to pay for it. Now... how much to charge for the IP? How much is an "appropiate" amount? I know that it may vary a lot from country to country, but if have a reference i will be able to adapt it to our current situation.

thanks a lot.

If you have a company with employees making that software you should just estimate what your costs will be and multiply that with whatever you have to in order to make it profitable.
If you don't have a company the easiest way is to have the University hire you for the duration of the project. (That way they take all the risks aswell)

This topic is 2570 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.