• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AnoopToor

How much python do i need to know before moving to pygame

This topic is 2569 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey,

So i am currently learning python and moving quite fast through it.... i have some programming expierence but with VB6, only because my school offers a course in it. I guess at that stage it didnt make a difference because the core details were the same. Now i'm learning python and wanting to move to pygame and just wanted to know at what point am i ready to start pygame.

Also if anyone has resources for learning either please pass them along

Thanks, Anoop

Advertisement
Specifically, pygame is a collection of modules, so you're ready to use pygame when you can use modules. And, being object-oriented, a basic knowledge of OOP concepts is required. So, don't avoid studying modules and OOP! :)

The best documentation, IMO, is the stuff on pygame.org.

As long as you have a basic understanding of OOP, learning the pygame libraries should be a breeze.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!