PROJECT BLEACH ((MMORPG)).

Started by
22 comments, last by LucasDaltro 12 years, 4 months ago
Hello everyone.

I have alot of goals & and a few dreams i would like to achieve before i pass from this life.
Was searching in google just few mins ago "Bleach mmorpg". And i've done this past two years, my goal is to make a perfect Bleach mmorpg.
I'm 16 years old, and will soons studdy for a job in Sweden, i might pick programmer just because of this goal.

I want the game to be like World of Warcraft, wheni say i want it to be like WoW, i mean the movement, i mean how character jumps, how well it all syncs with the characters movement & mouse.
I deffinetely want the character to be able to use his skills while moving. To take hunter as an example, skill that is not cast-able, i want them to be available while moving, same for a few cast skills, that takes maybe 1-2 seconds to cast, or even more, doesnt mather, a few skills should be able to be cast while moving to, if activating a certain buff or skill.
Anyway, i want to get any tips from the pro programmers, i wish to know what i will need, what program will be good to make my goal be real, what engine is WoW made of ??.
I wish to have all the information about WoW, i would like to know all the programs i will need, everything i will need to read & learn.

I will also mention that i never programmed anything before, i'm totaly new this, but this is something i have to get done. I know alot of people tried to make this manga / anime "Bleach" come true into a MMORPG, but there is basicly no one that is doing good. I'm totaly onto this and i will not quit on this, i'm willing to pay years and years of experience & knowledge, but this is something i have to make.

Throw your ideas & information to me thanks :))
Advertisement
Do you have legal rights to make this game?

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

I dont. Since i don't know anything at all about scripting & programming, i think that permission is not yet to be needed. But, i will definetely not make this without permission from the real owners, would be such a waste cuz they would be able to take it down in 1 sec. :)))

I dont. Since i don't anything at all about scripting & programming, i think that permission is not yet to be needed. But, i will definetely not make this without permission from the real owners, would be such a waste cuz they would be able to take it down in 1 sec. :)))

Yes, well, you can't recruit, advertise, publicize, blog about or in any way make any kind of announcement of a 'Bleach MMO' until you have permission. So, get permission - if you can - and get going.

Not that I can see how a Bleach MMO would work well, but hey, you're young (even younger than me!) so you've got plenty of time ahead of you to learn what this is all really about :)
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus
As stated, the first step is to get permission. Once you have that, you can begin working.

Be warned, though, that the odds of getting permission are very, very slim - you have no proven experience or financial backing, which is going to make any decent businessman drop your proposal in the round filing cabinet without a thought. This is not to say you can't do it, just be aware of what you're in for.

I've been thinking about this before, even if i wont get the permission, it would not be copyright if i changed name on everything that is related to manga????. That should not be copyright >:I :(

[quote name='TiMWAYLE' timestamp='1322766061' post='4889519']
I dont. Since i don't anything at all about scripting & programming, i think that permission is not yet to be needed. But, i will definetely not make this without permission from the real owners, would be such a waste cuz they would be able to take it down in 1 sec. :)))

Yes, well, you can't recruit, advertise, publicize, blog about or in any way make any kind of announcement of a 'Bleach MMO' until you have permission. So, get permission - if you can - and get going.

Not that I can see how a Bleach MMO would work well, but hey, you're young (even younger than me!) so you've got plenty of time ahead of you to learn what this is all really about :)
[/quote]

ApochPiQ: Heh, well. Getting started at this age is not bad :). I think actually that this is a bit to late to start learning about something this huge. I think seriously that it will take alot alot alot of years to be able to make a game working like World of Warcraft, since i don't know anything about this kind of things at all. That's why i want to start now, first of all i want to know what engine is running world of warcraft, i want to read & learn everything about that engine :D

As stated, the first step is to get permission. Once you have that, you can begin working.

Well, no, the first step is to learn how to program by making (much) smaller games and then you make a few commercial games to prove your capabilities. After that, you can create a good concept and plan for your Bleach MMO, and then you get permission.

But don't put the horse at one end of the race track, and the rider at the other end. Learn how to program first. I suggest starting here.

Don't go looking for an 'engine' to make your game. You might end up paying money for an engine that you don't have the skill to use. The first thing you must do, if you really want to make your game, is to learn to program smaller non-online, probably 2D, simplified games. There isn't any shortcut.
Trying to circumvent copyright law is like riding a pogo stick in a minefield. You may bounce around happily for a while, but eventually you're going to blow off your feet.

If you want to make a successful game without worrying about copyright infringement, make something original. By the time you are legally on solid ground, you'll have changed so much of the original material that you may not recognize the inspiration to begin with.

Well, no, the first step is to learn how to program by making (much) smaller games and then you make a few commercial games to prove your capabilities.
After that, you can create a good pitch and project plan for your Bleach MMO, and then you pitch it.

But don't put the horse at one end of the race track, and the rider at the other end. Learn how to program first. I suggest starting here.

Don't go looking for an 'engine' to make your game. You might end up paying money for an engine that you don't have the skill to use. The first thing you must do, if you really want to make your game, is to learn to program smaller games. There isn't any shortcut.

I was not thinking on buying anything yet actually, i simply wanted to read about the engine. :). Thanks for the link, would you mind linking me the engine that's running WoW ?? Just curious what it is, since that game is totaly off! Huge game & with huge performance, it's awesome ^_^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement