• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Garra

Debugging Game Deployment

This topic is 2569 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to create a setup project for my game using the Visual Studio Installer, it all goes well until I install the game and click to run it. As soon as the game runs it comes up with the error R6010 - abort() has been called and gives me the abort/retry/ignore options. When clicking on retry the Just in time debugger pops up and opens up in visual studio.. i can actually use it to step over the run-time error and once past it the game runs completely normal. The game also runs from my compiler in debug mode without any issues. The game has many.. many lines of code so what would be a way to debug such an issue?

Advertisement
Release mode and debug mode can behave differently, release mode is much more strict about what you can and cannot do

Debug mode for example will not complain about uninitialized variables, while release mode will, and it often does so with cryptic messages
You should try to run a release build with debug info in visual studio, you'll probably encounter the same problem and you'll be able to trace it to its origin

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!