• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bombshell93

[help]EDIT: HLSL seams from sampling past UV's

This topic is 2564 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm making a very low spec game.
The model for the character is showing a seam when you look at the character from directly behind, this is a problem because the game is 3rd person, it seems to be the only seam showing.
There is no mipmapping with the texture being so low spec it should almost always be drawing each texel larger than a pixel.
[size="1"]
So in order to fix this I was hoping I could change the ADDRESSU and ADDRESSV values in the sampler.
So what values do I have at my disposal, I'm finding it difficult to find a list as near everyone seems to use Wrap, but in my case that is probably the problem.

EDIT:
it seems I asked a pointless question, I found my answer, Point, Clamp and Mirror are the only ones available to me.
But it turns out the problem is sampling in the middle of the texture over seams, but the UV's were assigned on a per pixel basis via blenders *snap to pixel* option,
any ideas on how to stop the seam happening?

Any and all help is appreciated,
Thanks in advanced,
Bombshell

Advertisement
it seems I asked a pointless question, I found my answer, Point, Clamp and Mirror are the only ones available to me.
But it turns out the problem is sampling in the middle of the texture over seams, but the UV's were assigned on a per pixel basis via blenders *snap to pixel* option,
any ideas on how to stop the seam happening?
[attachment=6309:HelpPLZ.png]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!