NXNA = XNA in C++

Started by
2 comments, last by bellatter 12 years, 4 months ago
I've been working on porting my game from XNA to C++ so that it will run on the iPhone/iPad/etc. As part of that I made a clone of XNA 4.0, except in C++ and OpenGL. So here it is.

http://code.google.com/p/nxna/

The API is intended to match the XNA API as closely as possible, though there are plenty of places where it doesn't, since I was only focusing on the particular methods that my game uses. But it generally works pretty well. So far I've got it running on Windows, Linux, MacOSX, and the iPhone simulator.

It's still kind of raw, but I hope it's useful. Opinions welcome!
Advertisement
What kind of implementation are you talking here? Is it a direct drop-in like MonoGame? How's the performance?

Looks very interesting.
To be honest, the content pipeline is the part I wanted ported :(
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

What kind of implementation are you talking here? Is it a direct drop-in like MonoGame? How's the performance?

I've never used MonoGame, but it sounds like a similar idea. Although XNA and MonoGame are in C# and NXNA is in C++, so NXNA will never really be a completely drop-in replacement. But yeah, the API is intended to (eventually) be as close as possible.

I'm not really sure how performance compares to XNA. I've only tested it on PCs, never an actual device, and my game doesn't tax the hardware enough to know. I'm sure it could be improved, but for me, performance has been fine so far.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement