• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phil67rpg

starting over

This topic is 2564 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Depends on your end goal. I could think of a possible starting place as perhaps having a base class called Weapon, with a virtual function called GetDamage() that returns an int, and then create some sub-classes that return different values. Then continue by thinking of many other fields and bit of data you could do this same thing to, such as possibly a GetName().

From there, using similar ideas to the Weapon and its sub-classes, why not make a Monster, with sub-classes such as Dragon, Wizard, Warrior, and have functions such as GetHealth, DoDamage, and so forth.

Now with enemies, and weapons, then you're on your way, and can look at simple battle systems using your Weapon.GetDamage and Monster.DoDamage functions. Once your get there, I'm sure you'd have built up enough steam to know exactly what you need to do to make your game the best you can.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!