• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
maheshbinny

Developing Android Applications is good option?

This topic is 2557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

I want to know that, developing android applications is good option to make money?:rolleyes:

Yes it is a good option. (One of the better options for indie developers really). You still need to make really good games and put some effort into marketing them if you want to make a living from it and becoming filthy rich is very difficult as always.

[quote name='maheshbinny' timestamp='1323408128' post='4892079']
I want to know that, developing android applications is good option to make money?:rolleyes:

Yes it is a good option. (One of the better options for indie developers really). You still need to make really good games and put some effort into marketing them if you want to make a living from it and becoming filthy rich is very difficult as always.
[/quote]

Thank you, could you please tell me, which is the best book for Android applications development?:rolleyes:

[quote name='SimonForsman' timestamp='1323411269' post='4892090']
[quote name='maheshbinny' timestamp='1323408128' post='4892079']

[/quote]

Thank you, could you please tell me, which is the best book for Android applications development?:rolleyes:
[/quote]

No idea to be honest, but if you know Java then you could just drop by http://developer.android.com and go from there, it isn't that difficult.

Making good applications that people want to use is a good option to make money.
Platform is secondary.

Android is a big platform, where its easy and cheap to self publish, so of course Android is a good idea to learn if you are interested in making good applications that people want to use :)

If you are asking: "Is android a viable market?" then the answer is "yes". If you are asking: "how do I make money from apps/games?" then the answer is "what does your business plan say?". If you don't have a business plan, you aren't ready to make serious money. :)

Lately the media has been panning Android as second fiddle to iOS, but don't listen to them for a second. I think Android will be king for making money in a couple of years. Every day better apps are being deployed to it, so make something now before the gold rush starts. It will only get harder to have your app noticed.

Lately the media has been panning Android as second fiddle to iOS, but don't listen to them for a second. I think Android will be king for making money in a couple of years. Every day better apps are being deployed to it, so make something now before the gold rush starts. It will only get harder to have your app noticed.

Dear friend, your words are really inspiring :rolleyes:.

Could you please tell me, which is the best resource for android applications development for indie developers

Could you please tell me, which is the best resource for android applications development for indie developers

developer.android.com ;)
I also use stackoverflow.com a lot.
and google to find blog posts.

Not really sure what specific indie resources you are looking for...

Hidden
developer.android.com ;)
I also use stackoverflow.com a lot.
and google to find blog posts.

Not really sure what specific indie resources you are looking for...
[/quote]

Thanks, are you working for any company or indie developer?:rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!