• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ShahzadAli

Drawing Sphere using Direct3D11 in C# (SlimDx)

This topic is 2529 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there anyone who can tell me how can I draw a simple sphere with these three options.

"Radious"
"Center"
"Color"

Public void Draw_Sphere(Vector3 center,Color4 color,float radious){
}

I am using SlimDx in C#. and it is required to draw in direct3d11 not in direct3d9 using mesh.createsphere... I will appreciate any help ...

Advertisement
if you want a voxel sphere, just make a texture and fill in any pixel that obeys sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)<radius... thats the easiest sphere. :)

Its easy to come up with concept too, I have worked in XNA. I recently switched to SlimDx and there are a lot of concepts regarding pipeline & stuff like that and the problem i am facing is implementation actually.
Thanks for reply , I will think about it if I can make my self able to implement what you just said :P

if you want a voxel sphere, just make a texture and fill in any pixel that obeys sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)<radius... thats the easiest sphere. :)

Why not roll your own mesh.createsphere work-alike? Is this just to get the job done, or are there other constraints on your approach?

The math is pretty simple to create points on the surface of a sphere and then create a triangle list/strip from that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!