• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SM Sith Lord

Source Media Arcade (An HL2 mod for launching other games/media)

This topic is 2503 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everybody. I'm here to tell you about a program I made that lets you create virtual 3D arcades filled with shortcuts to all your games and movies.

It's called Source Media Arcade. (Watch the fake TV commercial for it)
newone1.jpg newone2.jpg newone3.jpg
You can spawn shortcuts in it to just about anything. But when you spawn a shortcut to a game or movie, Source Media Arcade can automatically find boxart and screenshots from the internet and display them on the shortcut. You can still customize each shortcut to use your own pictures instead.

newone4.jpg
You can even host multiplayer sessions where your friends jump into your server to check out your stuff. The interface will help them find torrents for anything they don't have yet, and Steam games are even available directly through the Steam Store.

Using Source Media Arcade, you will:
- Have fun creating virtual arcades with your media
- Play a wide variety of items from your media collection
- Re-disocver games and movies that you forgot you had
- Share your media collection in multiplayer mode via links to torrents and online stores

Since Source Media Arcade is a Source engine mod, you have to own one of these Steam games to be able to use it for free. (Note that the Free2Play version of Team Fortress 2 doesn't count.)

Download from ModDb:
http://www.moddb.com...-media-arcade-2

Check out the extensive User's Manual:
http://www.moddb.com...al-users-manual

If you need any help getting set up, just let me know.

The mod is written in C++ and uses many 3rd party libraries such as TinyXML and libcurl. The user's manual should give a good idea of how the mod functions, but I'd love to get into the technical side of how it works if anybody happens to be interested.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!