• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ReneGade88

OpenGL and C# Help

This topic is 2438 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there all please can you help. I am creating a game called "Protect the Pie". Basically its a pie in the middle of the screen and flies must try and eat the pie. I've drawn the background, pie and fly already. How would I go about moving the fly towards the pie or even just moving the fly at all?

Much appreciated,

Ren

Advertisement
In the general case of drawing a 2D moving object, you record either the center or the upper-left of the sprite in an object. If your drawing code uses this point of reference to draw the object, it is simply a matter of slowly changing the point at the appropriate intervals.

Also, are you set on using Opengl? It sounds like you don't know much about graphics programming; the set-up required to do even simple 2D work in Opengl can be a little overwhelming for newcomers.
If you're using C# then XNA might be a better choice for starting your adventures in game programming. Here is a link if you want to look into XNA: XNA Tutorials

Good luck

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!