Your most memorable childhood game?

Started by
68 comments, last by Johnny Photon 12 years, 2 months ago

Oregon Trail is still the best educational game for me. Though admittedly a part of me wishes it can be adapted to a modern, wild west themed MMO game.

I wish it were redone as a modern game, but I don't think it would work at all as an mmo game. The whole point of the Oregon trail games was making it on your own. If you were running into people all the time, you'd just trade with them instead of dieing of dissyntery, or they'd just stand there laughing at you as you slowly died of dissyntery.
Advertisement
Bubble Bobble, Jet-boot Jack, Beyond the Forbidden Forest, Terminal Velocity, Doom II, Warcraft 2, StarCraft, Half-Life.
colonization

Jet-boot Jack

Yes.

Beyond the Forbidden Forest

YES.

Half-Life.

YES!!
Manic miner and jet set willy

Populous

Doom

Legend of zelda a link to the past
Wizball (C64)
Ports of Call (Amiga)
Settlers + a tweaked boot disk to get two mouses working at the same time. Good old times! :)
Pasi Pitkänen Award-winning Sound Designer & Composer Website | Twitter | Facebook | SoundCloud
I've had my first personal computer at 6, when I received as gift a Commodore 64. The first game I ever played was "Siege Ladders" or something similar, where you have to stop the siege throwing hot oil to the attackers trying to enter in your castle with ladders.
Electronic, Hard House, Film Music

88 preview tracks to listen to online + artist forums

And my projects Vanethian, and X-tivity Factor
For me, the most memorable are:

FFVII (PS1) - by far the most memorable game I have ever played, and I find myself constantly coming back to it to play it. The music was perfect, story was riveting (with a huge emotional impact). I remember my blood boiling after "that scene" in the middle of the game, and almost being brought to tears. The final boss fights with Sephiroth and Jenova were a huge challenge at the time -- and the entire ending sequence really blew my mind. I would love to see them remake this game again, but I wouldn't have too high of hopes because most of the recent FFs have been not so great IMO.

GoldenEye 007 (N64) - I spent soooo much time with this game. There was just so much replay value, and it was tremendously entertaining. I enjoyed multiplayer with friends quite a bit.

Old LucasArts Adventure Games (PC) - Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Sam & Max Hit the Road. Loved these games to death and I return to them frequently for nostalgia's sake.

Age of Empires II (PC) - I played this and the Conquerors expansion constantly. There was a point where I'd play a looong game every weekend with some friends, so many good times.

Deus Ex (PC) - The original Deus Ex was a work of art, and I remember really getting pulled in to the story, almost as much as FF7. Such a fantastic game.

I haven't really found a recent game lately that has pulled me in quite like FF7 or the original Deus Ex did, I find myself returning to those games quite a bit. They really are timeless.
Alex the kid already on my master system just had to boot without a cartridge
Can't really think of a favorite, the younger I get the more I love just about anything fantasy.. I remember hyping Rage of Mages 2, and Hexplore, and having a blast playing them, but looking back I don't know how. I left a huge chunk of myself in Lineage and Lineage 2, I suppose high school is considered childhood even though I'm only in college, but those two games were amazing... the huge castle sieges, the severe death penalties, the open world PvP, the deepest communities.. I fell in love with MMORPG's forever.

And of course, all the Blizzard titles.. played them all for hours and months, I remember taking turns on the old Windows 95 to play Battle.Net with my brother and eat up more of our 56k. Warcraft II, when I was so into it that it wasn't an economics game and was really just an I wanna build the barracks because it's snowing this level and the barracks looks cool ( dare I say, DELICIOUS ) in the snow game. Brood War coming out, the medics talking kind of hot, playing Lost Temple ladders and losing all the time, those 3v3 SHARED UNLIMITED maps, Legends OPEN {RPG}, and Smash TV. Diablo 1 and 2, I don't even need to say anything..

Harvest Moon 64
Animal Crossing
Ocarina of Time
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Crash Bandicoot
Robo Pit
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Uniracers
Plonk!
Toejam & Earl
Super Mario

This topic is closed to new replies.