blender render makes textures vanish

Started by
0 comments, last by Ashaman73 12 years, 4 months ago
Hi All,
I've downloaded a sketch up model outputted to .obj, then loaded into blender. All is great, I can see the model and all the textures. However, when I try to render most of the textures are missing. I can't understand how the 3d view shows all textures but render only shows about 25% of them. Can anyone advise how I can get the textures to appear? They must be linked / mapped as the 3d view shows them so I'm a puzzeled how render doesn't work.

Thanks in advance :)
Advertisement

Hi All,
I've downloaded a sketch up model outputted to .obj, then loaded into blender. All is great, I can see the model and all the textures. However, when I try to render most of the textures are missing. I can't understand how the 3d view shows all textures but render only shows about 25% of them. Can anyone advise how I can get the textures to appear? They must be linked / mapped as the 3d view shows them so I'm a puzzeled how render doesn't work.

Thanks in advance :)

When you edit a model, the texture you choose are only visible in edit/3d view. You need to apply it to the material too, when you want to render it. Go to the material panel and check, if all textures has been assigned to the according material.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement