MindTex

Started by
12 comments, last by ryguy4377 12 years, 4 months ago
Hey everyone,
I've just finished getting my latest project, MindTex, ready for open beta. MindTex is essentially another single-input, multiple-output texture generator with the goal of being affordable without compromising on quality. For a few images and a video demonstrating what it can do, check out the IOTD post. For more information or to try out the beta, check out the product page at http://www.mindtex.com.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think!
Advertisement
I am extremely impressed! Looks very user friendly and like a great tool for game designs working with 3D. I am seriously considering buying! Overall, looks like a brilliant engine.

Well done biggrin.gif

-Max
Hey Max, I'm glad you liked it!

Definately! That is some very impressive work! How long did the coding take? smile.gif
Very cool. I was wondering when there would be a crazy bump clone and I think you pulled it off. Very professional looking too; great job.

Any idea on how much you are planning on selling it for?

[quote name='ryguy4377' timestamp='1323950667' post='4894147']

Definately! That is some very impressive work! How long did the coding take? smile.gif
[/quote]
Hey Max, the coding took me around 3 months in all.

Very cool. I was wondering when there would be a crazy bump clone and I think you pulled it off. Very professional looking too; great job.

Hey, glad you liked it! I'm planning on selling it for $65 once it is out of beta, though I'm offering a discount if anyone wants to 'pre-order' it while it is in beta. The $65 will be for a professional use-it-for-whatever-you-want license. Crazybump's big price tag for its commercial license was actually a factor in why I wanted to do this in the first place - I really felt like it was a bit much for such a specific-purpose tool, and wanted to make something that was more doable on an indie budget.

3 months is a good time for that level of programming! It took me about a year to figure put how to make a compilable programming language haha.

[quote name='Max Vanam' timestamp='1323982073' post='4894282']

[/quote]

Hey, glad you liked it! I'm planning on selling it for $65 once it is out of beta, though I'm offering a discount if anyone wants to 'pre-order' it while it is in beta. The $65 will be for a professional use-it-for-whatever-you-want license. Crazybump's big price tag for its commercial license was actually a factor in why I wanted to do this in the first place - I really felt like it was a bit much for such a specific-purpose tool, and wanted to make something that was more doable on an indie budget.

[/quote]

I'm all about indie. [s]When you are ready PM me and I will gladly buy a copy from you.[/s]

[EDIT]
Guess I should have checked your site first... Anyway, I purchased my copy :)

[quote name='ryguy4377' timestamp='1323983703' post='4894289']
[quote name='Max Vanam' timestamp='1323982073' post='4894282']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm all about indie. [s]When you are ready PM me and I will gladly buy a copy from you.[/s]

[EDIT]
Guess I should have checked your site first... Anyway, I purchased my copy :)
[/quote]

Hey, awesome! I certainly appreciate the support! Don't hesitate to let me know if you run into any issues along the line, and I'll try to get them sorted out as quickly as I can.

On that note, as a general update for anyone reading this who may have run into issues launching MindTex: I've fixed a couple bugs with connectivity to the updates / beta servers as well as one with initialization on Windows XP.

[s]Everything loaded great and I can see the GUI just fine, but I see no preview (just stays black). Below are my system specs and if there is something you want me to try then let me know.[/s]

[EDIT]
Must have been the textures I was testing it with. I opened the textures in Photoshop and re-saved them and they worked fine. Very strange. Now that I was actually able to use the program I can honestly say it's very professional and very polished. Great job.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement