SKY BATTLES - iOS game work in progress

Started by
9 comments, last by madmadpoet 11 years, 11 months ago
SKY BATTLES - iOS game work in progress.
Estimated release date - Spring 2012

[media]
[/media]

[attachment=6437:sb12.jpg]
[attachment=6438:robo1.jpg]
[attachment=6439:robo2.jpg]

Magnetic Studio
Advertisement
Looking nice, how many people are working on it?
I suggest improving the water, right now it really stands out as a scrolling plane under the terrain. breaks the game atmosphere (the sky is very good though).
The best way to do this is to have a custom water mesh with proper UVs that you can scroll around, but try making the scrolling speed slower, and using a different water texture with less constrast.

Looking nice, how many people are working on it?
I suggest improving the water, right now it really stands out as a scrolling plane under the terrain. breaks the game atmosphere (the sky is very good though).
The best way to do this is to have a custom water mesh with proper UVs that you can scroll around, but try making the scrolling speed slower, and using a different water texture with less constrast.

Hey Reflos,
Thx alot for your input. I agree, the water probably needs work. I wanted to use some geometry displacement based solution but I'm limited by
iOS. Going to try a new texture soon.

The team is -- Just me....:)
Using Unity3D and am going for gameplay that emphasizes navigation and shooting through a series of canyons, caves
and other enemy geography. Planning on having many large mechanical bosses like robots, squids, airships and mine laying helis.
Time is the biggest challenge thus far.

Thx alot for your input. I agree, the water probably needs work. I wanted to use some geometry displacement based solution but I'm limited by

For water animation on iOS you can do some wave animation on the vertex shader without losing performance.
That's what I did it on one of my games, look Splash Ball on youtube (I 've put the link here, but well, I don't want to hijack your topic :P)

[quote name='magnetic studio' timestamp='1324058119' post='4894557']

For water animation on iOS you can do some wave animation on the vertex shader without losing performance.
That's what I did it on one of my games, look Splash Ball on youtube (I 've put the link here, but well, I don't want to hijack your topic :P)
[/quote]

Going to check it out now...:)
By all means, post the link... :)

Pretty cool!
I like the level design - wood and stone look nice together. Does the water texture move?
Couldn't see by the video but it could be the compression.

I see the soft wave now. It's subtle. Nice.
Is that shader on any site?
Cave level in progress:
Video coming soon.
sbcave1.jpg

http://magneticstudio.com
Cave level - Dodge missiles, death rays and mechanical gears...

[media]
[/media]

http://magneticstudio.com
Article on Sky Battles with new video trailer:

link:
http://ifanzine.com/...ter-lacalamita/

sblogo-wh.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement