• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Imaging] Graphics pipeline, textures and shaders

This topic is 2258 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Hello everybody (I'm French, escuse me for my mistakes) :),[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]So, I would like to know if you know websites with samples of graphical pipeline source codes ? ^^[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]I'm trying to program a graphics pipeline in C++ which takes data in a .Ply files.[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]For the moment, I manage to make a Phong and Gouraud renders.[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]However, I would like to make two another things :[/font]
[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]1/ Display objects' shade[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]2/ Put a texture on my objects.[/font]
[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Unfortunately, I have lot of diffulties with this both parts.[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]So, I would like to see samples of source codes which represent theses types of calculs operations. Moreover, I want to use only native libraries and vector.[/font]
T[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]hanks for your intention and thnaks for your answers.[/font]
[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]PS : I you want more information, I'm listening your questions :) and if you want to collaborate with me I can to send to you my source code ;)[/font]
[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Traduction/Translation :[/font]
[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Bonjour à tous :),[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; "><br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]voilà, j'aimerais savoir si vous connaissez des sites avec des exemples d'implémentation de pipeline graphique ? :calim2:[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Je m'explique. J'essaie d'implémenter un pipeline graphique en C++ qui prend des informations dans un fichier .Ply et qui affiche l'objet 3D après quelques transformation (pour être honnête je ne le fais pas totalement pour le plaisir, c'est pour un TP à la fac, même si j'apprend pas mal de choses intéressantes en le faisant lol).[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]J'ai déjà réussi la partie principale qui consiste à faire un rendu avec ombrage (avec soit, interpolation de Phong, soit une interpolation de Gouraud). Cependant, il me reste deux objectifs à réaliser :[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; "><br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]1/ Afficher les ombres de mes objets. (pour information j'utilise la méthode du z-buffer si ça peut-être utile ^^)[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; "><br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]2/ Appliquer une texture à mes objets.[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; "><br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Malheureusement j'ai énormément de difficulté avec ceux deux parties.[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Donc, j'aimerais voir des exemples de code qui représentent les calculs de ce genre d'opération. J'ai déjà trouvé quelques codes mais tous utilisaient un bibliotheque et moi je ne désire utiliser que du natif (enfin, j'utilise la classe vector aussi lol mais bon...).[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; "><br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Je vous remercie d'avoir prit le temps de lire tout ça et vous remercie d'avance pour vos réponses.[/font]<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; "><br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]PS : Si vous désirez plus de détails, bien sûr, je suis à votre entière disposition ^^ ou si vous désirez collaborer avec moi la dessus, je peux vous envoyer mes codes ^^[/font]

Advertisement
I'm not really sure what is it you want. Are you looking for tutorials? What graphics API are you using?

Hi!

You want shadows right? (At least that’s what I’m reading in your French version.)
If you’re using DirectX, in the Dx SDK are two old samples called ShadowMapping and ShadowVolumes (both Dx9). If you want something more up to date, look here (David Tuft), here (David Tuft again, slides with audio) or here (John Isidoro). The DxSDK also contains some more advanced shadowing approaches, but it is better you start with something simple.
Texturing is explained in the Tutorials of the DxSDK. (Dx9: Tutorial 5, Dx11: Tutorial 7)

If you’re using OpenGL then have look at the OGL Samples Pack. It’s one of the most valuable references for “core profile” compliant programming. Among many other things, it contains samples for texturing.
For shadow volumes in OpenGL, see NeHe, although on first glance it didn’t seem to be zFail ShadowVolumes (from Bilodeau & Songdo (1999) and Carmack (2000)). Shadow mapping is nicely explained here on Paul’s Project. I’d also recommend you to look at the aforementioned slides of David Tuft and John Isidoro. Although the source samples are in Direct3D, they both describe the approach very good and show you potential problems and how to work around them.

Hope that helps a little!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement